‘Greatest Coaches on Earth Didn’t Tell Me Apparently’ – Andy Roddick Savagely Shuts Down a Fan Who Mocked Him for His Poor Record Against Roger Federer

Former world no.1, Andy Roddick has had a pretty good career. If it wasn’t for the big three of Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Rafael Nadal, he would have won many more Grand Slam titles. 

INDIAN WELLS, CA – MARCH 20: Andy Roddick pumps his fist after winning a point against Robin Soderling of Sweden during the BNP Paribas Open at the Indian Wells Tennis Garden on March 20, 2010 in Indian Wells, California. (Photo by Jeff Gross/Getty Images)

Recently, speaking with the Tennis Channel, the former American tennis player opened up about playing well in average matches and winning with his style of play. However, then, one fan criticized him for not doing well against the top players, and Andy shut him up with his own style.

Andy Roddick shuts a Twitter user with a fantastic reply

During a recent interview with the Tennis channel, the American tennis player talked about his unusual style of play. According to him, he didn’t have any clue about most of the players on the tour. “I didn’t have the upside of a lot of the guys I was playing against…For me it was just a matter of survival,” Andy said during that interview. 

Later, the player clarified on Twitter that it wasn’t a segment. They were just having a normal conversation during the commercial break. “So this wasn’t a segment. We were just talking during a commercial break,” Roddick Tweeted. 

So this wasn’t a segment. We were just talking during a commercial break https://t.co/EVkrTmLA4B

— andyroddick (@andyroddick) April 14, 2022

Then, one Twitter user started making fun of the American player, as he tweeted, “You didn’t have the upside??? You should have called me to come coach you. I’d have made you make Federer look like normal guy…!!! Your “problem” was you always played “your” game. It was a great game, against 90% of the field. But to beat the other 10% just a little more.”

Read More: Bianca Andreescu Reveals Her Tennis Goals for the Year as Fans Await Her Comeback News

In reply, the American said, “If I’d have only known that GoldWolf0606 from Twitter had all the simple answers. What the greatest coaches on earth didn’t tell me apparently ……..”

If I’d have only known that GoldWolf0606 from Twitter had all the simple answers. What the greatest coaches on earth didn’t tell me apparently ……..

— andyroddick (@andyroddick) April 15, 2022

The reply from Roddick was a sarcastic one, no doubt. However, it was more than enough to shut that person. 

Roddick’s game against the Big Three

Although Roddick won 32 titles in his career, he never won a Grand Slam title. It was all because of the Big Three, Federer, Nadal, and Djokovic. The Swiss Maestro has been the nemesis for the American player, as he played 4 finals against Federer and lost all of them. In terms of head-to-head record (21-3), Federer is massively ahead of Roddick. 

Against Djokovic, he had a better record (5-4), as he liked the Serb’s style of play. Against the great Spaniard, Nadal, he won only three matches out of their ten meetings. Apart from the Big Three, Andy Murray also caused him a few problems, as he had a 3-8 head-to-head record against the British player. 

Watch This Story: Roger Federer, Novak Djokovic, and Andy Roddick imitate Rafael Nadal

Should Roddick have won more Grand Slam titles in his career? Let us know in the comments.

The post ‘Greatest Coaches on Earth Didn’t Tell Me Apparently’ – Andy Roddick Savagely Shuts Down a Fan Who Mocked Him for His Poor Record Against Roger Federer appeared first on EssentiallySports.

Chicago
overcast clouds
19.4 ° C
29 °
15.6 °
74 %
5.1kmh
100 %
Sat
18 °
Sun
15 °
Mon
15 °
Tue
15 °
Wed
15 °

Recent Articles

Related Stories